Building on the success of our world renowned aviation library AirTeamImages.com we have launched a sister site 'SeaTeamImages' to provide high quality images with a maritime theme.
The first stage of this project is complete. We have built the website, created a core collection and already have clients.
We are now entering the second phase which entails a rapid growth of our image library collection - so we are looking for photographers!
To become a member you should:
- be an experienced photographer with an eye for a ‘saleable’ photograph. Ideally, you will have been shooting maritime subjects for some time and as such will have a
large collection of quality images available
- be proficient in taking the picture, post-processing the image and prepared to work as part of a team sharing in our successes and challenges
- be focused on quality over quantity.
You will need:
- a high quality DSLR and lenses and/or the ability to produce quality scans from film. Sorry, output from 'digicams' does not meet our high commercial publication requirements.
Your images will need to be technically of a very high quality, noise, dust and artefact free with a minimum size of 3000x2000 px (though variations in format are acceptable).
- a good connection to the internet to support uploading of high resolution files. You will also need to be readily available via email.
- a willingness to research your shots in order to provide accurate and relevant captions and keywords (though we will help you with this).
- you will be part of a closely knit team of like minded professionals
- you will be eligible for media passes where available
- you will have the opportunity to stretch your creativity. Unlike many specialist sites we welcome off-beat images and embrace digital manipulation provided
of course you tell us they have been manipulated and they are of the highest standard
- your accepted images will be published on a custom built website optimised to maximise the visibility of your images and meet the needs of our potential clients
- you will be paid a competitive commission on images that we sell whilst higher rates are paid if you introduce a new client
- you will have the opportunity to also contribute to our sister site AirTeamImages.
Show us what you've got! Email us with a web link to some examples of your work (please do not send us images) and a brief note on your equipment,
background and areas of interest. If you are currently contributing to other sites, or have existing commercial arrangements, let us know - we can often work something out but not
if we don't have all the facts up front. If we like what we see, we'll send you an invitation to join us along with the full conditions of membership.